ASTD Media Contacts: Kristen Fyfe 703.683.8192 firstname.lastname@example.org Jennifer Homer 703.683.8123 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ASTD Baton Rouge Chapter : Leah Tate, President
Kimberly Seeger, CPLP of ASTD Baton Rouge Chapter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, December 20, 2012
Selected for ASTD’s National Advisors for Chapters
– Kimberly Seeger, President of Learniappe, LLC has been selected to serve on the National Advisors for Chapters (NAC) of the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) for a three-year term (2013-2015). The NAC is charged with providing strategic direction and leadership in the development and support of ASTD chapters and members.
As a volunteer group of distinguished chapter leaders, the NAC carries out the following functions:
• advising and coaching chapters about ASTD initiatives
• linking chapters with common needs
• identifying and sharing best practices
• advising ASTD staff about issues of importance to chapters
• identifying and examining future roles for chapters
• bringing issues of interest to chapters to the attention of the Board of Directors
• ensuring that the needs of chapters are recognized by the Society.
Seeger served as 2009 President of ASTD Baton Rouge Chapter and has been a presenter for the International Conference and Exposition (ICE). Seeger’s company Learniappe, designs and delivers innovative learning solutions to corporate, government and non-profit organizations to help people ‘learn something extra’. She is a Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) and completed her Masters of Science at Louisiana State University.
ASTD (American Society for Training & Development) is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to the training and development field. In more than 100 countries, ASTD’s members work in organizations of all sizes, in the private and public sectors, as independent consultants, and as suppliers. Members connect locally in 125 U.S. chapters and with 20 international partners. ASTD started in 1943 and in recent years has widened the profession’s focus to align learning and performance to organizational results, and is a sought-after voice on critical public policy issues. For more information, visit www.astd.org.